East Haddam Public Schools consists of three schools serving students from Kindergarten to twelfth grade. East Haddam Elementary School serves our students from Pre-Kindergarten to grade three, Nathan Hale Ray Middle School serves our students grades four to eight and finally Nathan Hale Ray High School provides programs for our ninth through twelfth grade students. We are very proud of our schools. If you would like to visit one, please don’t hesitate to call 860-873-5090 to make an appointment.
As a district, we are always improving our experiences for our students. Many of our planned improvements are written in our strategic plan. The plan is organized in the five goals listed below:
- Goal 1- We will ensure that all students have access to a fully developed PK-12 curriculum that fosters interdisciplinary learning, and promotes career awareness and exploration, and is aligned with Connecticut Core Standards.
- Goal 2-We will challenge every student with instructional experiences that require problem-solving, innovation, and choice.
- Goal 3-We will measure our students’ learning with practices that are meaningful to our students, support 21st century learning, and encourage parental involvement.
- Goal 4- We will ensure that our infrastructure enhances student learning, inspires innovation, and utilizes resources efficiently.
- Goal 5- We will develop our capacity for leadership by expanding opportunities and professional development.
As I write this letter, many steps are being taken to meet the goals of the strategic plan. For example, the curriculum for the entire district is recently revised and available online. Teachers throughout the district have made this possible. Our students experience deep learning in our unique learning opportunities such as genius hour where students choose a problem to solve, research, brainstorm, and develop a solution. These and many other experiences give our students what they need to be successful after high school.
Brian S. Reas
Superintendent of Schools